Generic Avelox (moxifloxacin) is an orally administered anti-bacterial tablet used to treat infections in the respiratory tract. Generic Avelox is most often used to treat cases of pneumonia, sinusitis, and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Seek the help of Generic Avelox for a breath of fresh air in fighting off respiratory tract infections!
Generic Avelox may also be marketed as: Avelox, Moxifloxacin
*Avelox® is a registered trademark of Bayer Pharmacuticals.
Avelox 400mg Pills (Genérico)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Avelox is classified under a group of antibiotics known as fluoroquinolones. Generic Avelox is an orally administered anti-bacterial tablet that is generally used to treat infections in the respiratory tract. Generic Avelox is most often used to treat cases of pneumonia, sinusitis, and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Generic Avelox may be used to treat additional conditions not listed here. Consult your doctor before taking Generic Avelox for either above mentioned conditions, or alternative uses.
Each administration of Generic Avelox should be taken at the same time daily. Take Generic Avelox with a full glass of water, and continue to keep well hydrated throughout the day while taking this medication. Generic Avelox may be taken with or without food. Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you.
Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your doctor, as suddenly halting treatment may worsen your condition.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the following side-effects associated with an allergic reaction: hives, shortness of breath, swelling of the lips, tongue, throat or face.
Stop using Generic Avelox and seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the following serious side effects:
- accelerated heartbeat; irregular heartbeat, severe cough, trouble breathing; bloody or watery diarrhea; blood bound in urine; convulsions or seizures; unusual bleeding;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); discolored or darker urine, fever,
- disorientation or weakness; fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; a combination of
- headache with chest pains and an extremely dizzy feeling, fainting or accelerated heart rate;
- hallucinations, anxiety, tremors, unusual mood swings or behaviors; vision impairment,
- ringing in the ears; pain or numbness in the hands or feet; blistering, numbness, muscle pain or weakness,
- bruising or an unusual tingling sensation; swollen glands,
- rash or itching, joint pain, or general ill feeling; increased thirst, loss of appetite,
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath; inability to urinate, or urinating less than usual or not at all;
- or sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash. Inform your doctor at the first sign of a rash or skin irritation, no matter how mild it may appear.
Additional side-effects may result from taking this medication. Consult a medical profession before taking this or any other medication.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Do not take Generic Avelox if you have a history of myasthenia gravis.
Before taking this medication, consult your doctor if you have a history of any of the following medical conditions:
kidney disease, liver problems, heart rhythm disorders, problems with your joints, muscle weakness, trouble breathing, cirrhosis, epilepsy, seizure, hypokalemia, a personal of family history of Long QT syndrome or allergies associated with antibiotics.
Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or plan on becoming pregnant before taking this medication.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction. Do not take Generic Avelox if you are allergic to the following medications:
moxifloxacin, norfloxacin (Noroxin), ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), gemifloxacin (Factive), or ofloxacin (Floxin).
Contact your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications before adding Generic Avelox to your treatment plan:
any and all antibiotics, any migraine headache medicine, blood thinners (including warfarin), any antidepressants, any drugs to treat psychiatric disorders, medicine to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting, any narcotics, anti-malaria medications, steroid medication or any NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) (including ibuprofen and Advil).
Always inform your doctor of any medications you are taking (including vitamins, herbal supplements, and over the counter medications) before embarking on a new treatment. Additional medications not listen here may interact negatively with your medication.
Do not take more than your recommended dosage. Take missed doses as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next treatment.
Keep Generic Avelox in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.