Evista (Raloxifene) is in a class of medications called selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs). It works by acting similar to estrogen, a female hormone produced by the body. Generic Evista is a cost-saving medication prescribed by medical physicians worldwide!
Evista also marketed as:
*Evista® is a registered trademark of Eli-Lilly and Co.
Evista 60mg Pills (Generic)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Evista is used to help reduce calcium loss from bones. Raloxifene is used to prevent and treat osteoporosis, a disease common in women past menopause, which results in bones that break easily. This medication reduces both the risk of spinal fractures due to osteoporosis and the risk of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.
Generic Evista comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day at any time, with or without food. To help you remember to take Generic Evista, take it around the same time every day. Take Raloxifene exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Continue to take Generic Evista even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Generic Evista without talking to your doctor.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, fast heart rate;
- pain or swelling in one or both legs;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- fever, chills, sore throat, body aches, flu symptoms;
- unusual vaginal bleeding;
- breast pain, tenderness, or lump;
- pain or burning when you urinate; or
- severe pain in your lower back.
Before taking Generic Evista, tell your doctor if you smoke or if you have coronary artery disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, a history of stroke or TIA, high triglycerides, if you have not gone through menopause, or if you have had breast cancer in the past.
If you take calcium supplements, do not take more than your doctor has prescribed. Taking more calcium than recommended will not provide extra protection for your bones, and may cause serious side effects including kidney stones.
Avoid sitting still for long periods of time during travel while you are taking raloxifene.
Before taking Generic Evista, talk to your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- cholestyramine (Questran, Prevalite);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin); or
- diazepam (Valium);
- diazoxide (Proglycem); or
- birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Evista.
Store Generic Evista at 68° F to 77° F (20° C-25° C).