Trimox is an antibiotic in the penicillin group of drugs. It fights bacteria in your body. Generic Trimox is a cost-saving medication prescribed for numerous reason by medical physicians worldwide.
Generic Trimox also marketed as: Actimoxi, Amoxicilline, Clavamox, Clavulanate, Delacillin.
*Trimox® is manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Trimox 250mg Pills (Genérico)
Trimox 500mg Pills (Genérico)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Trimox is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as ear infections, bladder infections, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and E. coli or salmonella infection. Generic Trimox is also sometimes used together with another antibiotic called clarithromycin (Biaxin) to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.
Take this medication by mouth with or without food, usually every 8 or 12 hours, or as directed by your doctor. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy. Antibiotics work best when the amount of medicine in your body is kept at a constant level. Therefore, take this drug at evenly spaced intervals. Stopping the medication too early may allow bacteria to continue to grow, which may result in a relapse of the infection. Inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Trimox: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- agitation, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior; or
- seizure (black-out or convulsions).
Less serious Generic Trimox side effects are more likely to occur, such as:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- swollen, black, or "hairy" tongue; or
- thrush (white patches inside your mouth or throat).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Generic Trimox can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. Before taking Trimox, tell your doctor if you use birth control pills.
Before taking Generic Trimox, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- probenecid (Benemid);
- a sulfa drug (such as Bactrim or Septra);
- an antibiotic such as azithromycin (Zithromax), clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., E-Mycin, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin), or telithromycin (Ketek); or
- a tetracycline antibiotic such as demeclocycline (Declomycin), doxycycline (Adoxa, Doryx, Oracea, Vibramycin), minocycline (Dynacin, Minocin, Solodyn, Vectrin), or tetracycline (Brodspec, Panmycin, Sumycin, Tetracap).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Trimox.