Xeloda (capecitabine) is an oral chemotherapy treatment that is made to treat cases of breast, colon and rectal cancer. Generic Xeloda is made to disrupt the growth and spreading of cancer cells that have progressed to other areas of the body, effectively reducing the size of harmful tumors. Trusted and recommended by doctors worldwide, Generic Xeloda will provide you battle cancer, and for a fraction of its regular price!
Generic Xeloda may also be marketed as: Xeloda, Capecitabine
*Xeloda® is a registered trademark of Genentech USA, Inc.
Xeloda 150mg Pills (Generic)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Xeloda (capecitabine) is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth of cancer cells and slows their spread in the body. Generic Xeloda is used to treat breast cancer and colon or rectum cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. Generic Xeloda is often used in combination with other cancer medications and/or radiation treatments.
Take Generic Xeloda exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
During the weeks when you take Generic Xeloda, take the medication once in the morning and once in the evening, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. You may also be given other medications as part of a combination cancer treatment.
Generic Xeloda should be taken with food or within 30 minutes after eating a meal.
Take this medication with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Xeloda: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- nausea, loss of appetite, eating much less than usual, vomiting (more than once in 24 hours);
- severe diarrhea (more than 4 times per day, or during the night);
- bloody, black, or tarry stools;
- coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, easy bruising or bleeding, white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- pain, tenderness, redness, swelling, blistering, or peeling skin on your hands or feet;
- swelling, rapid weight gain; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Other common Generic Xeloda side effects may include:
- stomach pain or upset, constipation;
- tired feeling;
- mild skin rash; or
- numbness or tingling in your hands or feet.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
ollow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
Avoid coming into contact with your body fluids (including urine, feces, vomit, semen, vaginal fluid). Chemotherapy can pass into body fluids. Patients or caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers. Wash hands before and after removing gloves. Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.
Body fluids should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or who may become pregnant. Use condoms during sexual activity to avoid exposure to body fluids.
Tell your doctor about all medications you use, and those you start or stop using during your treatment with Generic Xeloda, especially:
- leucovorin (Wellcovorin);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- heart or blood pressure medication;
- oral diabetes medication; or
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others.
This list is not complete.
Do not take more than your recommended dosage. Take missed doses as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next treatment.
Store Generic Xeloda in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.