Generic Aceon (perindopril) is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and to prevent heart attack in people with coronary artery disease. Generic Aceon offers highly effective treatment of hypertention, and is one of the top prescribed blood pressure medications by doctors.
Generic Aceon is also marketed by the names Coversyl, Perindopril, and Coversum.
*Aceon® is manufactured by Solvay Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Aceon 2mg Pills (Generic)
Aceon 4mg Pills (Generic)
Aceon 8mg Pills (Generic)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Aceon is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. Generic Aceon is used to treat high blood pressure; it is also used to treat diabetic kidney disease, left ventricular dysfunction and heart attacks.
Generic Aceon is the free acid form of perindopril erbumine, is a pro-drug and metabolized in vivo by hydrolysis of the ester group to form perindoprilat, the biologically active metabolite.
Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you. Dosage of this medication may change during treatment depending on the severity of your condition and the progression of your illness.
Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Take each dose with a full glass of water. Drink plenty of liquids while you are taking Generic Aceon. Generic Aceon can be taken with or without food.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked often. Your kidney or liver function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Aceon: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- Less serious Generic Aceon side effects may include:
- back pain; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Generic Aceon. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall. Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking Generic Aceon, unless your doctor has told you to.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- gold injections to treat arthritis;
- lithium (Lithobid, Eskalith);
- a non-steroidal antiiinflamatory drug (NSAID) such as Generic Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Generic Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others;
- a potassium supplement such as K-Dur, Klor-Con;
- salt substitutes that contain potassium; or
- a diuretic (water pill).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Aceon.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Aceon at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.