Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain. Generic Flexeril is a cost-saving medication prescribed to treat pain or injury by medical physicians worldwide.
Generic Flexeril may also be marketed as: Amrix, Fexmid, Cyclobenzaprine
*Flexeril® is manufactured by Merck & Company Inc.
Flexeril 15 mg Pills (Generic)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain. Generic Flexeril is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury.
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take Generic Flexeril in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Flexeril:
- difficulty breathing;
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Flexeril and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- confusion, weakness, lack of coordination;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- seizure (convulsions);
- unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations (seeing things);
- or easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness.
Less serious Generic Flexeril side effects may include:
- dry mouth or throat;
- blurred vision;
- drowsiness, dizziness, tired feeling;
- loss of appetite, stomach pain, nausea;
- diarrhea, constipation, gas; or
- muscle weakness.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Generic Flexeril can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of Generic Flexeril. Cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Flexeril. Tell your doctor if you regularly use any of these medicines, or any other muscle relaxer.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Flexeril. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- atropine (Donnatal, and others), benztropine (Cogentin), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), methscopolamine (Pamine), or scopolamine (Transderm-Scop);
- a bronchodilator such as ipratroprium (Atrovent) or tiotropium (Spiriva);
- glycopyrrolate (Robinul);
- guanethidine (Ismelin);
- mepenzolate (Cantil);
- tramadol (Ultram);
- bladder or urinary medications such as darifenacin (Enablex), flavoxate (Urispas), oxybutynin (Ditropan, Oxytrol), tolterodine (Detrol), or solifenacin (Vesicare); or
- irritable bowel medications such as dicyclomine (Bentyl), hyoscyamine (Anaspaz, Cystospaz, Levsin, and others), or propantheline (Pro-Banthine).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Flexeril.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Flexeril at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.