Ornidazole is an anti-infective, antibacterial and antiprotozoal drug. For effective relief of numerous infections, order Ornidazole today and experience better health!
Ornidazole is also marketed as Xynor and Dazolic.
Ornidazole 500mg Pills (Genérico)
Interacciones de drogas
Ornidazole is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Anaerobic infections both pre& post operatively
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Amoebic dysentery
- Amoebic liver abscess
- Hepatic and intestinal amoebiasis
- Other protozoan infection like Giardiasis, Trichomoniasis
Ornidazole belongs to a group of medicines called antiprotozoals. These medicines work by targeting the bacteria or amoeba in your body, and killing them.
Take Ornidazole exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not understand ask your pharmacist, nurse or doctor to explain them to you.
Take oral dose of Ornidazole after meals with 1 glass of water at regular intervals as prescribed by your doctor.
Ornidazole may causes following side effects such as;
- Abnormal metallic taste
- Nausea, vomiting
- Sleep disturbances
- Consult your doctor immediately if notice following symptoms.
- Allergic reaction like swollen lips, hives, difficulty in breathing, rashes peeling of skin, blistering etc.
- Severe diarrhea associated with bloody stools
- Tingling & numbness in extremities
- Confusion, dizziness, poor coordination
- Tremors , rigidity
- Jaundice (yellowing of skin & eyes)
Do not drink alcohol when on Ornidazole and at least for 3 days after stopping the medication as it could lead to antabuse like reaction characterized by flushing, tingling& numbness, fever, nausea and vomiting.
Ornidazole can cause drowsiness. Avoid activities which require you to be alert.
Ornidazole may harm an unborn baby if used during pregnancy but potential benefit may warrant use of the drug in pregnant woman despite potential risks. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning for conception.
Inform your doctor if you are using any over the counter or any prescription drugs like:
- Cimetidine(anti histamine)
- Oral anti coagulants(warfarin)
- Anti convulsants (phenytoin, phenbarbitone)
- Mood stabilizers (Lithium)
If it is almost the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at same time to cover up the missed dose.
Store Ornidazole at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight, and never store it in the bathroom.