Prograf (Tacrolimus) is an immunosuppressant. It blocks the action of certain blood cells that can cause the body to reject transplanted organs. Generic Prograf is used together with other medicines to prevent your body from rejecting a heart, liver, or kidney transplant.
Generic Prograf may also be marketed as: Tacrolimus, Advagraf, Protocip, Fujimycin.
*Prograf® is a registered trademark of Astellas Pharma.
Prograf 0.5mg Pills (Genérico)
Prograf 1mg Pills (Genérico)
Prograf 5mg Pills (Genérico)
Interacciones de drogas
Generic Prograf is used in the treatment of organ transplant, rejection reversal; organ transplant, rejection prophylaxis and belongs to the drug class calcineurin inhibitors.
Take Generic Prograf exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Prograf: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;
- change in your mental state, problems with speech or walking, decreased vision (may start gradually and get worse quickly);
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, confusion or weakness;
- feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- pain in the lower back or side, blood in your urine, pain or burning when you urinate;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- dry cough, cough with mucus or blood, sweating, wheezing, gasping for breath, chest pain;
- tremors (shaking), seizure (convulsions);
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- low magnesium (jerky muscle movements, muscle weakness or limp feeling, slow reflexes);
- high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats); or
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss).
Generic Prograf may increase your risk of developing serious infections, cancer, or transplant failure.
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Prograf and lead to potentially dangerous effects. Do not use grapefruit products while you are taking Prograf.
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Prograf can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.
Generic Prograf can harm your kidneys. This effect is increased when you also use other medicines harmful to the kidneys, such as: chemotherapy, antiviral medication, pain or arthritis medicine, injected antibiotics, or medicines to treat a bowel disorder or prevent organ transplant rejection. You may need dose adjustments or special tests if you have recently used any of these medications.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Prograf. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- other medicines to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ;
- St. John's wort;
- antacids such as Amphojel, Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Rulox, and others;
- an antibiotic such as azithromycin (Zithromax, Zmax, Z-Pack), clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), levofloxacin (Levaquin), rifabutin (Mycobutin), rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate), and others;
- an antidepressant such as desipramine (Norpramin) or nefazodone;
- antifungal medication such as caspofungin (Cancidas), clotrimazole (Mycelex Troche), itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), posaconazole (Noxafil), or voriconazole (Vfend);
- a barbiturate such as phenobarbital (Solfoton);
- birth control pills or hormone replacement
If you miss a dose of Generic Prograf, contact your doctor right away.
Store Generic Prograf at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tacrolimus out of the reach of children and away from pets.